Redmine is an open source, web-based project management and bug-tracking tool. It includes calendar and Gantt charts to aid visual representation of projects and their deadlines. It supports multiple projects. Redmine is free and open source software which provides integrated project management features, issue tracking, and support for multiple version control options. Projects investigating commercial tools like IBM Rational Team Concert, but wanting to stick with an open source solution, may find Redmine to be a useful Scrum and Agile alternative.
The design of Redmine is significantly influenced by Trac, a software package with some similar features.
- Multiple projects support
- Flexible role-based access control
- Flexible issue tracking system
- Gantt chart and calendar
- News, documents & files management
- Feeds & e-mail notifications.
- Per project wiki
- Per project forums
- Simple time tracking functionality
- Custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects and users
- SCM integration (SVN, CVS, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and Darcs)
- Multiple LDAP authentication support
- User self-registration support
- Multilingual support
- Multiple databases support
- Plugin support
- Also uses SVN